As a business owner or marketer, you know that keyword research is important. After all, if you want your website to rank in Google search results, you need to target the right keywords. But what’s the best way to do keyword research?
There are a number of different keyword research tools out there, but in our opinion, Google AdWords Keyword Planner is the best. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to use AdWords Keyword Planner for keyword research.
Google AdWords Keyword Planner
The Google AdWords Keyword Planner is a free keyword research tool that allows you to find the right keywords for your ad campaigns. You can use the Keyword Planner to search for new keywords and get detailed statistics about them. The tool also allows you to create new ad groups and campaigns based on your keywords.
In order to use the Google AdWords Keyword Planner, you will need to have a Google AdWords account. You can create an account for free. Once you have an account, you can access the Keyword Planner by clicking on the “ Tools” tab at the top of the page.
Once you are in the Keyword Planner, you can search for new keywords or get statistics about existing keywords. By using a Google Keyword Planner, you can also create new ad groups and campaigns.
We’ll also provide a step-by-step guide on how to set up your own AdWords account and access the Keyword Planner tool.
How to set up your own AdWords account for keyword research?
Step 1: Sign up for Google AdWords
Search for Google AdWords tool on website and stat using it by click on “Start now“. Follow the instructions for the sign up. You’ll need to enter some basic information about your business, such as your website and location.
Step 2: Navigate to Keyword Planner
Once you’ve signed up, log in to your Google AdWords account. Go to “Tools” tab on the top of page and select “Keyword Planner” from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Choose a Keyword Research Option
In the Keyword Planner dashboard, you’ll see two options: “Discover new keywords” and “Get search volume and forecasts“. Choose the best option that will match your needs.
If you’re starting from scratch and don’t have any specific keywords in mind, select “Discover new keywords“. If you already have a list of keywords and want to see how they perform, select “Get search volume and forecasts“.
Step 4: Enter Keywords or Website
If you selected “Find new keywords“, enter a list of keywords related to your business in the “Your product or service” box. You can also enter your website URL and let the tool suggest relevant keywords.
Step 5: Customize Your Search
If you want to narrow down your search further, use the filters on the right-hand side of the screen. You can select location, language, date range, and more.
Step 6: Review Keyword Suggestions
After setting up all the information’s , click on “Get results“. Keyword Planner will generate a list of keyword suggestions along with important metrics such as search volume, competition, and suggested bid.
Step 7: Select Target Keywords
Review the list of keyword suggestions and select those that are most relevant to your business. Keyword Planner provides a range of metrics that can help you choose the best keywords, such as search volume, competition level, and suggested bid.
Step 8: Use Your Keywords
Once you’ve selected your target keywords, incorporate them into your website content, meta descriptions, and other SEO elements. Monitor your Google search rankings to see how your keyword strategy is performing and make adjustments as needed.
By following these steps, you can uncover valuable keyword insights and optimize your website content for the best possible search rankings.
How to use Google AdWords Keyword Planner for keyword research?
Google AdWords Keyword Planner is a great option to conduct an effective keyword research. Here are some tips on how to use it:
- When you first open Keyword Planner, you’ll be asked to enter a few seed keywords. These are keywords or phrase related to your product or service.
- After you enter your seed keywords, you’ll be shown a list of related keywords. You can use the filters on the left to refine this list.
- Once you’ve found a list of keywords that you like, you can create a new ad group in your AdWords account and add these keywords to it.
- Use the “Avg. monthly searches” column to identify the keywords having a high search volume. These are the keywords that people are actively looking for.
- Look for keywords with low competition. This means that there are fewer advertisers bidding on these keywords, which can lead to lower costs per click.
- Check the “Top of page bid (low range)” column to get an idea of how much it will cost to bid on these keywords. This can help you determine if the keyword is within your budget.
- Use the “Suggested bid” column to get an idea of how much you should bid on a keyword. This is based on Google’s algorithm and is designed to help you get the most clicks for your budget.
- Use the “Ad group ideas” tab to generate ideas for new ad groups based on your seed keywords. With this you can easily create more targeted campaigns.
- Don’t forget to use negative keywords. Negative keywords are the keywords that don’t show your ads to that particular added keyword. For example, if you sell shoes but don’t sell sandals, you can add “sandals” as a negative keyword so that your ads won’t show up for that keyword.
Google AdWords Keyword helps you to find the best keywords for your ad campaigns. By using these tips, you can get the most out of this tool and create more effective campaigns that generate higher ROI.
Google AdWords Keyword Planner is an effective tool for conducting keyword research. By using it, you can gain valuable insights into search volumes, competition, and other metrics that can help inform your online advertising strategy. To make the most out of the tool, it’s important to set clear goals, choose relevant keywords, and regularly monitor and refine your campaigns. Make sure that you are prioritize user intent and relevance in your keyword selection to ensure that your ads reach the right audience. With these tips and a bit of practice, you can utilize the Google AdWords Keyword Planner to drive more traffic and conversions for your business.